Saturday 16 April 2011

Hello!!!

No post yesterday, mainly because Daddy Panda wangled an extra day off wahoooo - which he used to annoy the hell out of me! I didn't feel it was fair to him for me to come on here and have a grumble about it when really he puts up with a lot and does alot for me and Baby Bear and really it was just little things that after 3 days together were getting to me!


Once again Daddy Pandas Mum claimed she would be coming to see Baby Bear this weekend - once again she failed to keep her promise and I think this hasn't helped me be less on edge. I really want to write to her and tell her exactly what I think and exactly what she needs to do if she wants to have the right to call herself "Grandma". Still no word from Daddy Panda's brother who I messaged last week inviting him round on Wednesday! Another one I really want to lay the law down with! Am questioning if its all worth it? All it will achieve is a load of grief for Daddy Panda and I'm pretty sure he's feeling as angry and hurt by it as I am!


Today incase you haven't heard is possibly one of the most important football matches for my home town! Manchester City v Manchester Utd at Wembly! Football fever has definitely hit the city more so than the royal wedding! I'm sure if you'd given my street an option to have a street party today they'd have leapt at it! My neighbour let off 11 blue and white balloons at kick off - although it was a spectacular fail as there's no wind and they just fell to the floor!


Were a strong city family, and my brother has travelled down from Durham to watch the match with Mancunians and will be staying with us for a few days, which I'm sure Baby Bear will love! Shes changed so much since he last saw her and we'll be going up to his house on Easter Sunday and hopefully we'll get to spend some time with my nephew!


Today has been lovely weather wise and we made the most of it - we took Baby Bear to a bring and buy sale where we snapped up some clothes for both her and my nephew - 6 items for £1! We bought some toys, including a ladybird on a stick push along toy for the grand price of 10p! We then wandered up a bit more and visited Chorlton's Green Festival! We stumbled upon it last year when I was pregnant and its really a community event. This year it was bigger and better - it had beer! It also had Cbeebies Mr Bloom! Sadly Baby Bear had fallen asleep by this point - its a shame really as she loves his singing vegetables!


Once we got home we decided to do the garden, my mum cut the grass and then me and Baby Bear laid out the blankets and played in the garden! We had a play and Baby Bear did her normal trick of crawling away to get at the grass! We've decided to drop the third bottle during the day so now she's just having one when she wakes up and one at bed, judging by the amount she eats and how long she's been going between meals we don't feel she needs it anymore, instead we've swapped it for juice and a snack. Today's snack was served in the garden and it was Baby Bears favourite - JELLY! She absolutely loves it and was jumping up and down to get it in quicker!


I'm baking lots of treats for my best friends birthday tea party - which happens to be on the same day as the royal wedding, and whilst feeding Baby Bear jelly in the garden i had a brain wave - jelly's in tea cups! I think it'd be lovely so i am now on the hunt for nice tea cups and saucers! Sadly we saw two sets today we could have picked up if my brain had been functioning but never mind, my mums off school this week so thankfully have access to a car if i stumble across some on my travels, and my travels may be a little wider this week!


Well I'm off to eBay to search for more tea party goodies - have just bought a lovely white 6 tier cake stand! Now to look for lovely cake cases!

1 comment:

  1. don't even get me started on family in laws!! me an the bf have just had a mahusive bust up to do with his family, grrrrr. my bestie, who also shares her bday with the royal wedding (spooky coincidence!) told her mother in law exactly what she thought of her, it done the trick and fixed their relationship. so maybe it will work for you too, i'd always discuss with the hubby first though. hope your cake hunting was succesful :)

    ReplyDelete