Monday 20 June 2011

Fathers Day

Yesterday was a busy one! Fathers Day, Family reunions - or first meetings in some cases, and a lovely little lady's celebration day.
All of which deserve a mention.

Fathers Day - well Daddy Panda has been looking forward to this one since Mothers Day! We had a bit of a grumpy start as Baby Bear had been up in the night and i once again struggled to get to sleep. I used the wake up call to my advantage and went downstairs to decorate the living room. Baby Bear had gotten Daddy Panda a "BEST DADDY" banner with a certificate aswell. Her gift to him was a Spiderman T-shirt and a book for him to read as all men do - on the loo!

We also treated Daddy Panda to a full breakfast - even though it was at lunch time! Baby Bear was more than happy to help eat it! She had some sausage beans and eggy bread, we attempted to give her bacon but she was struggling and if she hadn't licked it all over Daddy Panda was willing to relieve her of it!

In the evening we had plans with Daddy Panda's family, some of whom are over from America. It was the first time some of us were meeting and the first time Baby Bear was meeting everyone as well as her beautiful cousin, who's 6 months older than her. We went for good old pub grub, and to be brutally honest I was disappointed with it, an hours wait for food, no ice, and everyone sat fanning themselves with menu's, yes it was Fathers Day but come on turn the air con on at least!

Baby Bear had a Sunday Roast, and despite me asking for it to be gravy free, it came with gravy! I sent it back - something I've never done before! However when it comes to my daughter I am conscous of what she eats, particularly hidden salt! Her meal came back and it had clearly been stuck in a microwave! The carrots and broccoli were still raw but by this point it was 2 hours after Baby Bears normal dinner time so i gave up the fight, given when shopping Baby Bear like biting the head off bits of broccoli! Thankfully she ate the majority of her dinner - after the custom "I'll chuck this bit on the floor" routine.

Baby Bear can be a bit of a nightmare when off routine and she doesn't cope very well at all, we only go off routine once in a blue moon so it's not too bad but we're very aware of her dislike of change. If its 8.10pm and she's not in bed the "grogs" take over and she becomes a screaming tantruming child, so during the meal I was overall impressed with how she coped, she wasn't perfect but what do you expect from a hungry tired 10 month old?

Baby Bear was recognised whilst we were out, by someone Daddy Panda used to work with (someone I've not met) so it was a bit odd as Daddy Panda was at the bar! I think Baby Bears cuteness is infamous now and she will be recognised before her parents for a long time. We had a lovely time and got some gorgeous snaps of the babies together (shall hopefully upload one after I've spoken to the family).

We made it home for 10pm and Baby Bear was clearly tired but surprisingly didn't fall asleep in the car! Bedtime became a bit of a trial but once she was in her cot she knew it was going to be ok. I stupidly thought "wahooooo lie in tomorrow", how foolish of me? 7am and she was awake! Thankfully she's having a nap now and hopefully it'll be a long one.

Due to the huge distance between us and Daddy Panda's family they weren't aware of what happened to me. It was kind of nice to have someone look at me like a normal mum for once! Conversation naturally flowed round to children, for Grandad how did it feel for his children to be all grown up, and does he not want anymore? For me it was "when are you having a second" thankfully Daddy Panda jumped in to my rescue with the answer of "we'd adopt the next one". I have never loved him more, he saved me from having to answer but also said something that reassured me our future is on the same page.

From this of course came the questions as to why we would choose not to have more children, so we briefly explained that I was seriously ill after having Baby Bear and for us she is the most important thing in the world and it's not fair to her for us to risk it all again. She deserves a Mummy and a Daddy and as long as its within our power we will be there for her.

Yesterday was also an amazing friends, Daughters celebration day, we had wanted to be there and up until Friday we were still trying. I'm desperate for someone to develop some form of teleportation device, so getting from Manchester to Aberdeen is easier! It seems long distance travel with a small child is impossible! The timings just dont work!
I'm sure the day was beautiful and I know they felt our love and support despite the distance.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's day to your husband! My arizona attorney injury lawyer personal wishes him all the best!

    ReplyDelete