Monday 27 June 2011

Busy Busy Dummy Free!!!

Just thought I'd do a separate general life post seen as it's been 5 days since I blogged!!!

The reason for the lack of blogging is simply - we've been busy! It's so nice to be having a bit of a life!

We (Baby Bear and I) went to her God Mothers for dinner and it was lovely, Chilean hot dogs, and Baby Bear sat in a grown up chair! Very cute and thankfully she was well behaved!!! I love how Granny R (Godmothers Mum) adores Baby Bear and literally treats her as her own grandchild, Baby Bear loves her!

We made the big decision to get rid of the dummy's! Baby Bear is only 10 and a half months but the scale was starting to tip - she was waking multiple times a night just for her dummy. We started by removing it from car journeys as she normally falls asleep quickly whilst traveling - it was a success, so the next step was while out in the pram which seems so far to have gone well. We then stepped up our game and removed it at bedtime - ekkkkk! It's actually gone really well, yes she's cried a bit more at bed time but she's settling better and better as the nights go on, the last two nights she's slept through from 8pm until 6am ish, which is earlier than usual but shes doing well so I cant really complain. She's falling into a deeper sleep as on the times she has waken its so different to how she used to. Its little snuffly muffled noises opposed to full pelt I'm being murdered screaming! Nap times are possibly the worst as its day light but were getting there. Daddy Panda struggles a lot more with this but Baby Bear has always played up for him at bedtime - she knows Daddy will let her get away with a bit more than Mummy.

Yesterday we went to a christening - Baby Bears cousin. It was really bizarre as the second we walked in I realised the dress is the same as Baby Bears christening dress - good taste must run in the family! It was lovely and the Priest was really good, it's one of the best christening services I've been to as it didn't feel like it was an auto pilot service. There were mentions to the family's relationship with the church and other religious ceremonies.

Afterwards we went to the pub - of course! It was a roasting day but we ate the curry provided none the less! Baby Bear had a 3 course meal - sandwiches to start, curry for a main followed by a huge amount of grapes and melon! We had applied factor 50 sunscreen to her before leaving the house but reapplied it after her dinner and off we went to play outside! Daddy Panda decided to play football with his brother and some of the older children. What a mistake for him to make - he was wearing smart shoes with little grip and within 10 minutes he'd fallen over and quite badly damaged his hands. I didn't see it all happen but shortly afterwards he came over with 3 tiny plasters and two hands covered in pulsating blood!

Freak out time! My stomach was turning and in my head I just kept thinking "don't freak out", I was surrounded by Daddy Panda's family and I couldn't let them see me in my true freak out mode. Instead from somewhere - I'm not sure where - I pulled a pretty decent act out of my bag! Daddy Panda said it was burning so i placed two baby wipes over his hands to try and cool it a bit and stem some of the bleeding. It was clear that the plasters supplied were not going to cover it. I popped to the shop across from the pub and thankfully they had travel first aid kits in their seasonal section as they had no plasters or first aid products else where!

Back to the pub where I cleaned up Daddy Panda's hands and wrapped them up! I don't think I did too bad considering I was close to throwing up! The whole section of his palms near his wrist on both hands has no skin left on it and although it is just a graze its a huge surface area and looked disgusting! Am so proud of myself though. This could have been a total breakdown point for me but it wasn't and I even heard someone comment on how good I was! Seems the first aider in me shone through and kicked the crazy me's butt!

3 comments:

  1. Well done - on the bandaging & on getting rid of the dummy! Our little boy is 16 months & I'm desperate to drop the dummy...your story gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of birth trauma, have you tried contacting a Arizona personal injury lawyer? To help you with the malpractice? I want to know. Thanks and do let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As like your site is informative I think you must post the articles regularly so that we can get many benefits of learning through your efforts. read what he said

    ReplyDelete