Sunday 10 April 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so angry!!! We've been to the family Sunday lunch today and as always my aunt has found a way to make my blood boil! The short of it is she's booked a 4 day holiday (in the UK) starting on Baby Bears Birthday! So angry about it as we've been saying since Christmas we're planning to get her christened on her birthday to do the two at once as we really feel it'll be a good time to start as a fresh without all the horrid stuff we've had to work through this year! I cant believe she's going on holiday - she was away in America last year when Baby Bear was born and as a result made no effort to come see her until their paths crossed as my gran had a stroke (gran lives very close to us). I know some people will think I should get over it and its no big deal but it is, it really is! The same aunt previously asked her cousins children (same age range as me) to be bridesmaids at her wedding but not me, and then uninvited Daddy Panda!


The lunch went well Baby Bear was doted on by my cousins - both boys who spent most of their time trying to make her laugh! We ordered our food as soon as we'd chosen as its a pay when you order type place and we did this so Baby Bears food would be first so it could hopefully cool before everyone elses came, however it didn't happen like that and Baby Bears was one of the last out! As soon as she saw our plates she was reaching out trying to get some rice from Daddy Panda and chips from Mummy Tiddles! We ordered her fish fingers and chips, her first taste of both, sadly the kids menu was limited as to food she would eat - everything has to be pick up-able so anything too wet is a no go! I also packed food she could eat if there was nothing on the menu or she didn't take it but she did so i was very proud of her. We ordered her pudding - jelly, as Daddy Panda likes jelly and would finish off what ever was left so for £1.45 it was worth it, turns out Baby Bear wanted the whole lot! Greedy girl!


We sat out in the sun for a while with Baby Bear wearing a lovely big sunhat that I am in love with! We came home and started the epic challenge of putting all of Baby Bears "stuff" into storage! Well there's a lot of it! About 5 big vac bags full of outgrown clothes, a play nest, bouncer, bath seat, play mat, travel play mat, toys, cot top changer, moses basket and stand, breast pumps, and god knows what else! Mummy Tiddles, Daddy Panda and Granny were on the team and thankfully mainly due to sorting it out as we went along over the last 8 months, it took about 10 minutes to get it all put in the loft! WELL DONE TEAM!

Baby Bear is really taking steps towards walking and last night during bath time she finally got both feet under her and pulled her chubby little self up to standing! She then let go of the bath handles because she was so excited so I had hold of her and she just laughed her head off the whole time she was standing! She's so amazing and now she's attempting it when ever she can! Sadly we don't have much in the living room for her to practice on but she tries it when sitting in her cot - something that only happens when I'm putting her clothes away! Until she learns to get herself to sitting we're still safe but as soon as she manages that she'll be standing up in the mornings when she wakes up - then of course comes the climbing out of the cot! So am happy for her to be taking her time!




Daddy Panda's mum rang to inform us she's sick and wouldn't be coming after all this weekend - what a surprise! I knew I needn't get my hopes up that she'd actually be interested in her granddaughter but its most definitely her loss not mine! Tomorrow we have an at home play date, as someones coming to do our gas safety check but they couldn't give us an approximate time so its a wait in all day event! Boooo hiss!




Oh also in an event that could only happen to me, I was taking the recycling out last night in the dark and just slipped my ballet pumps on and ran out - only to encounter a hedgehog! It was not a pleasant meeting as I strode into him and ended up kicking him up the bum! poor thing balled up and prickled the hell out of my foot! It drew blood and I now have countless pinprick marks on my foot!


No comments:

Post a Comment